The theme of our next assignment?
The West Midlands.
The region is as geographically and culturally diverse as any in Western Europe, from the urban central areas of Birmingham, West Bromwich, Wolverhampton, Stoke and Coventry through the counties of Worcestershire, Shropshire, Warwickshire, Staffordshire and Herefordshire.
The West Midlands are the focus for our sixth IBWM Assignment but the angle that you choose is entirely your call. We'd like to share your stories on an amazing region. Football is our priority, but we're open to everything. If you’d like to submit an article on Gordon Cowans, Terry Hall, Stan Cullis, Julie Walters, Keith Houchen, Matthew Boulton, Joe Bradford, Robert Plant, Cyrille Regis, W.H. Auden, David Kelly, Meera Syal, Gordon Banks, Arthur Berry, Billy Wright or anything/anyone else connected to the West Midlands, we'd *love* to hear from you.
- Articles should be a minimum of 1,500 words with no upper limit.
- You don't need to be from the West Midlands to submit an article.
- This isn't just about football, we welcome submissions on ANY topic or individual associated with the region.
- You don't need to be a professional writer, anyone can get involved.
- Deadline for submissions is Friday, April 20, 2018. We aim to publish in early May.
- We can't guarantee to publish everything we receive, but we will read ALL submissions.
We don't require a pitch, or a CV, just mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org or paste directly onto the form below.
(Thanks to v1ctory_1s_m1ne for the image.)